The point that made me stop was the author’s idea that the garden can be a co-teacher. I have never thought about the importance of the learning environment before, maybe a more open and natural environment can help students feel more comfortable and less pressured. Perhaps this can make them more willing to participate in learning and more open to new ideas. I look forward to learn more about this in our class.
One difficulty I can foresee is that a garden is an open space. If there are many students, they may not be able to hear the teacher clearly. This can be especially difficult in mathematics, where students need to follow explanations carefully. One possible solution is to bring a speaker or a small portable microphone. I am looking forward to our class on September 24, because I hope it can show us more clearly how a garden can be used meaningfully in different subjects, including math.
No comments:
Post a Comment